Monday, September 14, 2009

Doing what I have to do!

Today is my first day off since last month. Crazy right? I started a second job at a bowling alley working anywhere between 10 and 26 hours on top of the 40 hours I already work at my main job. The days have all run together. I have to look at my phone or a calender at least 3 times a day just to remind myself where I am in the week.

So far its been good. I am a quick learner so all of the basics are locked in my head. Some stuff is really simple and I wonder why people have had a hard time with it. Oh well. I still haven't gotten a dead wood (technical term for a pin in the gutter) because I don't wanna look like an ass yet. Everyone is cool with me. Started to really get along with a few of the girls.

My daughters birthday party is 6 days from today. I have to finish planning for that and buying all the goody bag stuff on Wednesday. My daughters father hasn't gotten back to me with who is coming with him so I am not going to plan on them. He can pay for whoever he brings. Makes me kinda sound like a bitch, but he knew he needed to let me know who was coming. I have to buy food and pay for bowling and I'm not paying for people I don't know.

Today and tomorrow are my first days off this month and I want to just lay here. Ill do laundry, clean and be the housewife instead. People have asked me why I took on a second job. Simple. I have to do what I need to do to take care of myself my daughter. Money was tight. Bills were past due. Comcast and Smud have had shut off notices at least once a month. I couldn't do that to my daughter. I need gas to get to work. I had to skimp on food and pay half bills. I don't like that.

So I'm doing what I have to do. I might be tired; I might not have as much social time; oh well. If anyone cant understand then they aren't my friend anyway.

1 comment:

  1. awww...this made me cry. on top of being an emotional wreck from lady times and the raw nerves of being sick it just hit a spot.

    im sure it feels like no one appreciates what you do at times, because i feel the same way myself, just know you are appreciated.

    ReplyDelete